Thursday, July 20, 2006

Cake or Death?

Death please!

Today was one of our company Board of Directors meetings. These are pretty stressful days, not only for me but for our executives. Especially this one because the executives were all traveling yesterday.

We also got to celebrate at work today though. We successfully launched a REALLY difficult client this week and got rave reviews from them. So to celebrate, we had this awesome cake made and delivered to us today. Can you guess who our big client is??

Isn't the cake awesome? I gave the bakery a little bit of direction, but they pretty much created this masterpiece on their own.
This is Daniel, one of our awesome software developers. He worked really hard on the launch so he got to cut the cake . . . he cut right through the dog's head, hmmm.

So I love frosting, especially fondant, which is what this cake was covered in. I ate a lot of it now and I feel SO ill, I just want to die. We still have lots left over too . . . anyone want some?

So, cake or death is the theme of the day, as you can see from the title. (Any of you who don't get the reference, you should probably go check out Eddy Izzard, funniest man ever. Careful he does have a bad mouth . . . ) Today I choose death because when I tried the cake I wanted to die . . . maybe tomorrow I will choose cake . . . we'll see. I have to be at work again, so it might be another death day! I'll let you know . . . and if I don't, it means chose death for reals :)

No comments: