Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Birthday Week!

Matt and I have decided to implement a new family tradition. Birthday Week!

It all started when we were dating and I had to spread my birthday celebrating out over several days because I was traveling to and from Utah and California. Matt started laughing and saying I didn't have a birthday, I had a birthday week. My birthday is New Years Eve, so I think it's only fair, since I get jipped because of Christmas, the new Year celebration and other such nonsense (haha just kidding)

Anyway, I decided this week would be Matt's birthday week since he hasn't a week for himself yet. We are doing something little every day leading up to his birthday. Well . . . not necessarily little.

I had been telling him about his BIG birthday present for weeks and he was already home when I got home yesterday and it was in the car and I didn't want it to cook in the heat, so I had to bring it in. He started asking questions and I told him that he could have it if he wanted it and that would spread the birthday joy out for more time. So here it is, Matt opening his big birthday present. I actually got him to show outer excitement. That's how cool this present is.

It's a 26" flat panel Samsung TV that has PC hook ups, so it can double as a monitor for his computer. His eyes have been hurting lately, so I'm hoping this will not only be fun but help his poor eyes since he's working from home gazing into the screen.

We'll probably hang it on the wall in the new house, but for now it's on the stand on his desk in the study.

Yep. You're seeing it here folks . . .

Matt's real birthday is on Thursday and we're going to go out and have Mexican food from Rosa's, at Matt's request. Then on Friday we actually do something more for me . . . go see Wicked at ASU's Gammage Theatre. I have been DYING to see this and Matt was kind enough to allow me to get us tickets on his birthday week. I have heard that most guys actually enjoy this musical, so we'll see!!

No comments: