Sunday, August 27, 2006

Defying Gravity

My life is complete! Matt and I saw Wicked on Friday night. I was in heaven from the moment the music started until the curtain call was over. I am NOT usually a big fan of touring companies of big Broadway shows, they never seem to be as good, but I must say that I was VERY impressed with this cast (Fiero was the lone exception. He could NOT sing but he was pretty . . . I guess that's the point though, right?!) I laughed much more than I thought I would and cried about as much as I expected to (seriously!? Why during EVERY showstopper number do I cry like a little baby?!?! Gets me EVERY TIME!) Matt liked Glinda (or Galinda) the best and I was torn between my love for Elphaba, her songs and her voice and her character . . . and Glinda's HILARIOUSNESS (yes I just used that word. I used it on purpose.) I honestly don't know which part I'd rather play more . . . though I'm sure those of you who know me best would think I'm more of a Glinda . . . sad but true.

Anyway, I have much more to say but my time and patience is limited, as is my alertness this evening. So I bid you all goodnight.

No comments: