Monday, September 04, 2006

Labor Day Sand Dwellers





Well, after knowing Matt for almost three years, we finally were able to go to the sand dunes and go ATVing (or out on the quads . . . or four-wheeling . . . it all just depends on which part of the country you are from!) We met Matt's parents at the Coral Pink Sand Dunes just outside of Kanab, Utah and my widdle sister Meagan and her new husband, Luke, met us there. We had such a blast!!

We went out for about four hours every day (total) and I think we are all so sandy we have sand in places we don't want to talk about . . . and my apologies to Meagan and Luke, who were right behind me when I got stuck and the tires of the quad I was on spewed sand ALL over them . . . But I did learn how to drive the FAST quad and I LOVED it (however, I am still a proud pansie . . . I don't really go that fast on the fast one. Oh well what do you do?)

Now we're all home and saddle sore and our wrists hurt and we're going to be finding pink sand everywhere, but it was well worth it. Many thanks to Janna and Steve (aka Matt's parents) for working out all the logistics and providing us a warm camper/toy hauler to sleep in and for feeding us.

Aren't my pants cute?!?!

See that person catching air?? THAT is my baby sister!! She is so much braver than me!

No comments: