Wednesday, December 06, 2006

I Still Belong in High School

So last night I went to a Relief Society Progressive Dinner for our Christmas/Quarterly Enrichment Activity. I was in a group with most of the girls I go to Boot Camp with, so that was awesome, but we determined something disturbing.

We all belong in high school, not as married women (some with kids) owning houses and being, like, responsible for stuff.

We talked about the following innappropriate subjects and laughed like twelve year olds:

-sex
-plastic surgery (detailed lists of what we want done)
-botox
-lip injections
-farting
-expensive jeans we all want and manipulative ways to convince our husbands to let us get them
-expensive shoes we all want and manipulative ways to convince our husbands to let us get them

Then, we talked about how lame we were for talking about the above subjects, and laughed until our stomachs hurt about that. Mind you we weren't the only girls in the group. Sigh . . . we're so lame.

Then, this morning at boot camp, we talked about it all again.

As I said, we belong in high school. Someone needs to take my job away from me, their children away from them, take away our driving priveledges and ground us all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like every generation before us, we must take up the mantle of the fraud. We're all still 17, but we need to maintain the facade. Otherwise I'll children will never do what we say. I think the more we grow up, the sillier one's parents seem. We realize "hey, now I'm the age that you were when you were acting all 'Look at me, do what I say, I'm your mom' and you didn't know what the he** you were doing!"

Our world is run by teenagers with wrinkly, flabby bodies.

HaLaine said...

Um truly eloquent. I couldn't have said it better.
- Saggy, wrinkly 17 year-old Me