Thursday, September 28, 2006

Boot YOU Boot Camp

Ow 'scuse me, Ow

My legs hurt. And so does my pride.

This boot camp thing is kicking my butt. It's GOOD and I know that but wowsas!

I have always felt like I was in pretty good shape and I could keep up with the "fit chicks." NO SIREE. I have boot camp with some women who are stay at home mom's who's kids are all in school and I think ALL THEY DO during the day is work out. They were like, two laps ahead of me at all times.

I felt like Jamaica in the bobsled race. "Gee Kate, thanks for the effort and you're a winner just by being here."

Here's me: You SHUT UP SWEDEN. You and all your snow. I like my ocean and my beach and my palm trees and my hang loose attitude.

Except in our case it's stamina and muscle vs. my soggy bottom.

Well Boot Camp, I'll be seeing you tomorrow, struggling to keep up and cursing you under my breath. Or out loud . . . because the instructor and the fit chicks will be so far ahead of me they won't be able to hear me anyway.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Way to go! I've always wanted to do one of those...goodness knows my fat arse could use it!
This is Emily by the way...roomed with B and Hlannis freshman year. Anyways, I just have to say that your blog is truly awesome and you have such a gift for writing. You're honest, funny, sarcastic, and just true. Congrats on getting married and living such a wonderful life.

Sheila said...

I love you kate! I'm laughing too hard to type anything else at the moment . . .

The Gruwells said...

oh foudy! OHHHH foudy! its ok peatry lots of things do not run and get into shape... rocks, trees, sticks... KAAATE! your freaking funny have i mentioned that! keep it up... but remember you will always be sexy to me! teee heee heee

Anonymous said...

That's the spirit! You have to hate the lazy self and take pleasure in punishing it for getting you out-of-shape. That's what I tell myself at 5 am: "You deserve this, fatty!" But of course, I had more than 20 lbs to lose...you'll be back in classic-Kate shape in no time.