Sunday, September 17, 2006

Peanut Butter Heart Attack Bars

I have found my new guilty pleasure. I don't know their name so I made one up. I advise making these on rare rare occaisons . . . they are SO good but SO not good for you.

Here is the recipe: (try not to cringe while reading it.)

1 small bottle light Karo Syrup (about 16 oz)
2 cups of Sugar
3 cups of creamy peanut butter (Skippy is recommended)
8-10 cups Special K cereal
2 bags Nestle semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 bags Nestle butterscotch chips

In a large pot (I used my big soup pot) mix together karo syrup, sugar and peanut butter. Heat over medium, stirring frequently until the mixture is bubbly (be careful not to burn the bottom. I did that, of course). Once the mixture is bubbly, take the pot off the heat and add the Special K one or two cups at a time until it's thick enough (About the consistency of rice crispy treats. Add as much as you think you need but, 9 cups works about right for me.)

Spread the mixture onto a large cookie pan.

In a seperate sauce pan, add all four bags of chips. Heat over low, stirring constantly until it's just barely looking like a sauce. (again, it burns easily. Yep, did that too) Pour the chocolate mixture over the mixture in the cookie pan.

Let cool overnight or in the fridge. Watch your butt grow before your eyes as you eat the whole pan!!

No comments: