Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Digging myself out of the self pity pit

My posts over the past few days have had an aura of doom about them, and for that I apologize. I have never really been a negative, depressing type of person and somehow I allowed myself to wallow for the past for days and it's time to get up and see the light, people!

Have I mentioned that Wednesday Boot Camp makes me hyper? On Wednesday's we do calisthenics and for some reason I am like a freak for the rest of the day, bouncing around, spazzing out. I mean, this stuff kicks my butt. They're some of the hardest exercises I've ever done, but somehow, as soon as I get out of the shower after a Wednesday workout, I turn into the poster child for ADHD.

This gets interesting as I try to work. My boss comes to say hi and I just start running my mouth and laughing at myself. And I read a sentence like "pick your horse and experiment" as "pick your nose and experiment" and I read it again and again trying to make sense of why my boss would tell me to pick my nose and work, all the while snorting and spewing Diet Coke all over my keyboard. (**Just a funny side note, my boss DID in fact write me an email that had the sentence "pick your horse and experiment." That alone would have caused the snorting and Coke spewing but add insult to injury and misread it as "pick your nose" and it just gets funnier and funnier. Especially when you're stuck in SPAZ MODE.)

My other random story for the day involves McDonald's. The place I swore I'd never eat at again after seeing "Super Size Me." But one day a few months ago I was STARVING for breakfast and I was at Dan and Agata's house and the only fast, easy food near them is McDonald's, so I tried a McGriddle sandwich. Small bit of advice. Don't try it. It's the best little breakfast sandwich in the whole world, and once you eat it, you'll NEVER go back. This morning, I was fifteen minutes late to work (not like I can ever really be late, but I try really really hard to get here by 8:30 and I get mad at myself if it's any later than 8:40 and this morning it was 8:45 when I was getting off the freeway - stupid traffic.) and I was STARVING so I decided I'd better go get a McGriddle. FIFTEEN MINUTES LATER I am still sitting in the stupid drive-through line, stuck between the window where you pay and the window where you actually get your food. Just sitting there. I'm not sure WHAT was going on inside. The girl taking the money kept sticking her head out the window to look and see if the car at the pick-up had moved . . . like she couldn't ASK the people inside what was going on?!?!? It was a debacle for sure. So I rolled into work at about 9:05, thanks to my stupid McGriddle fascination. The Work-out Gods were mad at me . . . and I probably deserve their wrath.

In other fun news, I am going out to dinner with Agata tonight. We're going to Sapporo, the "hip and happening" Japanese restaurant in Scottsdale. It's the only place we've ever gone together. I'm not sure if it's because she loves it that much or because it's "the place to see and be seen" according to high Scottsdale society. Needless to say I put on my sassiest fat clothes and will try hard to fit in with the barbie doll that is Agata and the rest of the Scottsdale princesses. It's not going to be easy! Then I'll really give myself away when I don't order a cosmopolitan or Appletini! I'm so "out" aren't I? Last time we were there I saw Danika Patrick. Today I'm crossing my fingers and PRAYING that Matt Leinart is there, and that he thinks girls with big butts are hot. HAHAHAHAHA. *Disclaimer: My husband is aware of my Matt Leinart obsession, and he knows that if in fact, a miracle ever occurs and Matt Leinart wants me, I'm probably not going to be able to resist his lusciousness. I mean I fit the profile right? His last girlfriend was Paris Hilton . . . and the girl before that WAS in fact LDS and a volleyball player. I'm totally his type -- I'm LDS and Paris Hilton and I have the same yacht sized feet. When we meet, he will immediately fall for me. That's what I tell myself every time I see his beautiful face on TV.

No comments: