Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I "Heart" New York

Someday I'll learn HTML and be able to add a picture of a heart or something in my titles . . .

ANYWAY

I am in New York and oh how I love it here. I love the tall hallways of buildings, the city smells, the knockoff purses on the corners, the amazing shopping, the sort feet from walking everywhere . . . everything.

I am here for my first real business trip. I feel so fancy and so . .. well, old. Since when do I have a real job and a real life? Holy crap!!

Anyway, here I sit in my hotel room, not sleepy because it's only 8:30 at home but 11:30 here and I have to get up at 6:00 here which is three-freaking-a-freaking-m at home . . . and I want to sleep but I can't. I'm staying at the Hilton New York, right in the heart of the city - near Times Square, near 5th Avenue, near Central Park . . . it's newly renovated and really quite nice, yet all I can think about is the fact that in a small way, i am contributing to stupid Paris Hilton's trust fund. And that pretty much pisses me off.

But ANYWAY, I love New York. And I should stop saying that . . . I am really excited because on Friday morning, after the rest of my company goes home, I am going to an endowment session at the Manhatten Temple! I have wanted to go since it's announcement but this is the first time I've been to New York since I've been endowed.

I will also, as is fitting to my dramatic self, try to find a show to go to. I'm thinking Drowsy Chaperone or Jersey Boys, if I can get decently priced tickets. Although Donny Osmond IS playing Gaston in Beauty and the Beast! It's the role he was BORN to play, no?

I'll try to keep you all posted, though in the next two days my only entries might look something like "Stood on my feet for twelve hours straight today, boss won't let me sit down. Shoe size has gone from water ski size to full billionaire yacht size. Stay tuned for tomorrow when they will be the size of Mount Everest."

Ow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're like this power...chick, all "I go on business trips to New York." Check you out. (parodic old person voice) "Why I remember when you were only this tall..." Actually you've pretty much been the same height since I've known you.

Well...paint the town red in all that. Tip the naked cowboy if you see him.