Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Let there be money

Well, after all my bellowing, I finally have received my 90 day review and my raise. It went a little bit like this:

"Kate, by the way, we talked to HR this morning and we're going to offer you a raise to $XXXXX and you will also get a quarterly bonus of $XXXX. Cool? Cool."

All in all, as I add up the figures, it gets me an additional, like, $150 or so a paycheck . . . but it's actually a pretty decent raise as far as percentage of current income goes.

Most likely I will get the raise retroactive to October 1st, so that's nice and might pay for 1/10 of Christmas expenses or something.

I'm not saying any of this to brag or imply how cool I am, I just wanted to mention the end of my whining and moaning and the start of my new life, making $300 more a month. I feel so much richer already. I might go buy some expensive shoes.

Oh wait, that goes straight to debt and a new house. Silly me!

No comments: