Monday, November 20, 2006

The RFP of Death

What's six inches thick, has seven billion questions, is ridiculously unorganized, is basically red tape and nearly impossible?

The RFP I've been working on for the last few weeks. (Request for Proposal is what that stands for . . . I had no idea until a few months ago when I was assigned my first one) This is apparently part of my new job, which is actually cool because I'm learning a lot of the nitty-gritty technical details of what our company actually does . . . and we are actually pretty cool! It's amazing some of the stuff these techies can do!!

This has been consuming almost every moment of my work life and every moment of my life after work. I haven't had to work overtime in a long time, so I don't actually mind.

I did find time to do something fun today though . . . I got a microderm abraison facial. It hurt quite a bit but it's SO NICE to get all the built up dead skin off my face. A fabulous new girl moved into my ward . . . Her name is JoAnn. She and her husband James own a ton of laser skin centers all over the valley and they do facials, botox, lip injections, laser hair removal and all kinds of stuff. JoAnn is six months pregnant with a little girl (Alley Grace, what a cute name right?), and she has decided to set up a studio in her house and hardly charges anything for the stuff she does.

On top of all the cool benefits, they are the COOLEST couple. He has four wheelers and some really fun cars and boy toys as well as lots of things in common with Matt, and she and I have a ton in common and already feel like we've known each other forever. We have decided that we're going on a double date next week after Thanksgiving. We're so excited! We're also planning a camping trip for sometime in the near future, if we cna find a place where it's not too cold.

So now I have fresh, clean skin . . . freshly waxed fabulous eyebrows, and finally Matt and I have a couple here we can go on double dates with.

Today was busy, but it was a good day. I like good days.

No comments: